What is the difference between new car and km 0
If you are thinking of buying a car, you should know that there are multiple options to get your favorite vehicle. Before making a final decision, we advise you to evaluate all the possibilities that you have on the table. Is it worth buying a totally new car or is it better to bet on a used car ? If you want to solve your doubts, do not forget to read the following article from.
Next, we tell you what is the difference between new car and km 0 . Discover which one best suits your needs and pretensions before purchasing a vehicle permanently.
What is a km 0 car
The km 0 cars are a type of vehicle known as used vehicles. Its main characteristic is that, although it has not been sold or used yet, that is, although they are new, it is cars that have been registered in the name of the dealer .
The majority of the car houses force to fulfill a number of annual registrations to maintain the concession. In this sense, km 0 cars not only have an owner, but also have a specific color and characteristics, so you could not adapt the vehicle to your preferences. Due to this, they usually have a much lower sales price than a totally new car, that is, that has not yet been registered.
However, acquiring a km 0 car also has the disadvantage that, since it is already registered, part of the car's warranty is lost. Although this can be negotiated with the dealer to leave the warranty intact.
Buy a new car
The new car is the type of vehicle that gives less doubt to the future buyer. It is one of the most contemplated options, since it is about acquiring a completely new vehicle, without previous use and without registering.
The new cars are exhibited in the dealerships, where they are available to the customer both to see it and to personalize it. Before buying a new car, you can choose the motorization, the color, the equipment or the finishes, among others. This option allows adapting the car to the needs and tastes of each client, who will opt for the perfect option for him.
However, as everyone knows, a new car is more expensive and not everyone can afford it.
Differences between a new car and one used
Taking all this explanation into account, we can conclude that the main differences between a new car and a km 0 are these:
- The use
- The kilometers traveled
- The choice (or not) of the characteristics
- The guarantee
- The price
While a vehicle of km 0 has a minimum or no use made by the dealer before the sale, the new car has never been used, nor has it traveled any kilometer previously. Thus, km 0 cars have discounts on the price, although their cost will always be closer to that of the new vehicle than that of a second-hand vehicle.
Other options to buy a vehicle
In addition to new vehicles or km 0 cars, there are other options that can help you clarify your doubts before buying a car and get the best offer that fits perfectly to your budget:
- New car in stock : it is a possibility to acquire a new car, still not moving and not registered. It involves buying the vehicles exhibited at the dealership. The difference with a new car is that it can not be customized, nor choose its characteristics, since it is the only model there is. Of course, its availability is immediate and the price is usually slightly lower.
- Management car: this is an option similar to km 0 cars. The management cars have been previously used by home workers, but they have little mileage, since the time of use is relatively short. This type of car is considered practically new, given that its age does not usually exceed 6 months, and the price is very interesting. The management vehicle offers will also be found at a dealership.
- Semi-new car : it is an option that does not exceed 2 years old or the 25, 000 kilometers traveled. Although they are not new cars, their young age allows you to get them at a price much lower than the new model and have a guarantee.
- Second hand vehicles : these are the cars that have already been used by a previous owner. They are usually more than two years old, although mileage may vary. It is one of the cheapest options, but with fewer factory guarantees.
If you are thinking of renewing your car, now you know all the options with which you have to acquire the new vehicle.
Now that you know what the difference between new car and km 0 is, you may also be interested in this other article on what are the requirements to finance a car.