How to redeem a military driver's license

The military can exchange the driving license obtained in the Army by civil permission. The same happens with members of the Civil Guard or the National Police . Of course, you have to meet a series of requirements and perform a series of procedures in the Directorate General of Traffic . In .com we explain in detail all the steps about how to exchange a military driving license.

Steps to follow:


The permit must be in force and the person must have the age required to obtain it by civil means.


This military driving license that is to be exchanged must have been issued by a military school or organization or by the General Directorate of the Police that are legally authorized to do so.


In addition, the driver 's license holder must be active at the time of requesting the exchange in the military or police body in which he obtained it or not having spent more than 6 months since it ceased.


Regarding the motorcycle permit of class A, there is a restriction: it can not be exchanged until the class A2 that the holder owns is 2 years old.


If all these requirements are met, before going to the Directorate General of Traffic, it is necessary to obtain a psychophysical aptitude report from a recognition center for drivers, which must be transmitted telematically to the DGT. In our article you can find more information on How to get the medical certificate to drive.


Already in the DGT Headquarters, the official form is requested, which includes a statement that the person requesting the exchange is not deprived by a judge of the right to drive cars or motorcycles.


You have to pay a fee of just over 27 euros.


On the other hand, you have to take a photograph of 32x26mm in size and a photo heel that you provide in the DGT filled and signed.


You must also present the military driving license that you want to exchange, both the original and a photocopy. If you already have a civil permit, you have to take it.


Finally, a certificate must be presented stating that the person requesting the exchange is active in the military or police force or, if it has ceased, the date of the withdrawal.