How to know if my dog has an allergy
Those who have pets know, the animals are more similar to us than some believe, so it is not strange that after a consultation at the vet the doctor tells you that your dog is suffering from allergies. But how did you not notice it? In principle there are different types and their symptoms depend on the origin, that is why in .com we expand the panorama and give you all the keys so that you know if your dog has an allergy.
Types of allergy in dogs
Like us, they can also be allergic to different things. In general there are four types of allergies in dogs, which are produced:
- For something that is being inhaled in the environment, for example pollen, dust or some chemical substance or product.
- For some type of food or feed compound, including foods that are toxic to them.
- By contact, because the animal has been touching something that generates this reaction
- Due to exposure to fleas and their saliva . Knowing if your dog has fleas and applying the appropriate treatment to eliminate them is very important to guarantee the health of your animal.
Common symptoms of allergy in dogs
When the animal is allergic to something found in the environment, environment or food, there are characteristic symptoms such as irritation and itching in the area of the ears, legs, around the eyes and mouth.
On the other hand, if it is fleas, the itching and discomfort is localized in the place where the parasite attacks, that is why it is very important to observe the reactions of our dog and groom him frequently to detect any abnormality in his skin. Brushing the dog frequently is one of the best ways to detect any allergic reaction.
How to act depending on the case
It is advisable to go to the veterinarian if we observe some of these symptoms and suspect that our dog has an allergy. However it is good to know that in cases of environmental allergies, and as with humans, it is difficult to control the situation because what motivates the reaction could be anywhere. In the case of food, it is necessary to detect exactly what the allergy produces and eliminate it completely from the diet . The cases of fleas are always the simplest to treat, because it is enough to eliminate the parasite to make our dog better. The ideal is to resort to a professional treatment, but you can also use some home remedies to eliminate fleas effectively.
The importance of reacting on time
Detecting that our animal has discomfort in the skin, itching, redness and irritation at certain points can make the difference between a quick treatment and a longer and more painful one, because dogs often scratch constantly and forcefully increasing the wounds, which can become infected and aggravate the whole situation.
So if after a few days you notice that this picture persists, visit your veterinarian to determine what is the best treatment for dog allergy .Tips
- If you notice that your dog is constantly scratching, and you find traces and wounds on your skin, go as soon as possible to your veterinarian
- As in any disease you must have a lot of patience because the treatment takes time, the important thing is that your pet recovers soon