How to install Wordpress on my hosting - here the answer
Wordpress is a digital tool increasingly used both to create web pages and to create blogs. The main reason is the simplicity of its usefulness and the large number of templates it brings. However, the problem for many people is that they do not know how to install it. If this is your case and you want to know how to install Wordpress, do not miss the following article from. Next, we explain how to install Wordpress in your hosting .
What is a web hosting?
To understand what hosting is, you should think about the folders and files that are stored on your computer's hard drive so that they are always accessible. This is exactly what happens in a website: it needs a computer where it can be stored, with the difference that it must always be turned on to access the portal whenever necessary.
So the hosting is the machine that connects to the Internet through a broadband network and acts as a storage server of the website that allows the hosting of web pages . It is a more complex system than domestic connections, because it must be operational 24 hours a day, every day of the year without exception, and anywhere in the world.
In this sense, the domestic connection or a simple computer, with which we work normally, would not be enough to guarantee that your website is available to everyone. Therefore, although buying your own server and having a powerful Internet connection would allow you to have your own storage hosting, it is a very expensive solution. Ideally, rent a hosting service, which have an important infrastructure and the best security systems that will keep you away from server errors or other failures.
What is Wordpress and what is it for?
Wordpress is free software that has an open source, something that allows you to install it in your own hosting account. Wordpress is one of the most used tools by webmasters to create different web pages, from simple blogs to portals dedicated to trade. The versatility and simplicity of Wordpress, as well as its easy installation has made it one of the most popular content management systems (CMS) in the web world.
Wordpress has more than a thousand templates with which you can make blogs and websites, ideal for those who do not have much technical knowledge. But, in addition, this tool is perfect for creating business websites, online stores, digital newspapers or even central reservations, thanks to its many features.
How to install Wordpress in own hosting
If you are thinking about creating your web page and you need to install Wordpress in your hosting you should opt for automatic or manual installation, depending on the options of your server, and follow the steps that we will show you below, depending on the option you choose. Take note.
How to install Wordpress in automatic mode
It is a quick configuration that will allow you to enjoy Wordpress in just one click.
- Access the control panel of your hosting or server and see if the menu offers an automatic control mode or quick installation. You will find this function in almost all Premium Hostings and it will allow you to install Wordpress quickly and easily.
- During the installation you will have to indicate the route in which you will install the content manager, as well as the username and password of login in Wordpress. You can also select the title of your portal and set automatic updates to your website.
How to install Wordpress manually
If your hosting does not have an automatic control mode, you must follow the following steps for installation:
- Access Wordpress.org and download the free installation package.
- Once you have downloaded the .zip file, you must unzip it before entering the Wordpress file folder.
- Inside the folder, select all the installation files and compile them in a single .zip file, so you will have them ready in the main folder of the domain to be able to upload them on the server later.
- Access the hosting management panel and see the file manager, where you can see and modify everything that is on your server.
- Decide where you will install Wordpress. If you only have one domain purchased and you will install the page in it, access your root folder or public_html and install it there. To do so, you will only have to click on upload and upload the .zip file that you have previously compressed.
- Once you have loaded the Wordpress file, select them and give them to extract. You will notice that some 20 installation documents have been placed on the folder.
- Create a database to save web content. Do it through MySLQ Databases, in your management panel. Choose a name and click on create a database.
- Then, create a database user with the necessary privileges to be able to manage the server.
- With all this, you can launch the installation wizard and complete it in just 5 minutes. Open a new tab in the browser and type the URL address of your Wordpress installation, this route will be found in the file folder of the content manager.
- Once you get to launch the installation wizard you must fill in the user and password fields to access your website. After filling in all the fields, click on install Wordpress to complete the installation.
Now that you know how to install Wordpress on my hosting, you may find the following article on How to create a blog with Wordpress useful.