How to clean a dog's stomach - the best remedies
Dogs need care very similar to ours in terms of physical health issues. For example, they also feel upset stomach, have colic and suffer from all kinds of gastrointestinal problems like ours. It is good to do a stomach cleaning your dog if you notice that you have belly pain, if you think you have been intoxicated with something, if you have abdominal swelling or if the veterinarian recommends it. Therefore, we tell you everything about how to clean a dog's stomach, so you can take good care of your health and help you with digestive problems when you need it.
Why it is important to clean a dog's stomach
The importance of purifying the stomach and intestines of a dog is the same as we can apply to us. Thus, it is necessary to clean the stomach of a dog when we notice that it is bad in the guts or if it has colic. Consult this other article where we explain how to know if my dog has a pain in my belly.
It is also necessary to do it when we detect that the dog is poisoned or intoxicated, if it has parasites, if its guts make a lot of noise, if its belly is very swollen, it has an infection or if it has been soiled eating more than necessary.
If we do not clean the stomach of the dog the problems get worse in a short time, some more quickly than others, and some of them can be very serious. For example, in case of poisoning or poisoning, you must act quickly with first aid to clean the digestive system and absorb the poison or poison and go to the veterinarian as soon as possible. If it is not done, the animal can end up with serious consequences or even die. In cases of parasites, if they are not treated they can spread diseases and spread to the rest of the body damaging different organs, which can fail and cause the death of the dog. Also, a stomach infection in dogs, bacterial, fungal or other microorganisms, can quickly worsen and lead to an infection of the entire digestive system and even pass to other organs and blood.
Symptoms of a stomach sick dog
To know when to clean a dog's stomach it is necessary to be able to recognize the symptoms of dogs with stomach pain, whatever the cause. These are the main signs of upset stomach and gastrointestinal problems in dogs:
- It is observed and licks the side
- Noises in the belly
- Lack of appetite
- Drool more than usual
- Belching and flatulence
- Apathy, does not feel like playing
- Lethargy, rest a lot
- Do not let yourself be caressed, leave yourself less or if you let yourself be very submissive
The latter is indicative of physical health problems as long as it is not part of the animal's habitual behavior. In case it is part of normality, it will be necessary to work on these problems of trust and tranquility if possible with the help of an ethologist or dog behavior specialist.
So, what to give a dog when his stomach hurts ? Take note of the following section to see what you can give to help you.
Home remedies to clean a dog's stomach
If you were wondering how to clean your dog's stomach, in this section we show you a list of what is best to do and what foods you can give to purify your stomach in a natural way so that the process is as healthy as possible.
This point is vital in cases of intoxication, vomiting and diarrhea very followed or substantial and, in fact, is one of the best home remedies for colic in dogs and empacho. It is about not giving any kind of food for 24 hours, just water in very little quantity every few minutes. For example, without giving any food, we must offer clean and fresh water every hour but in a small amount, we can not let him drink a lot of blow because that can cause vomiting among other problems.
The vitamins and fibers of this vegetable purify the whole digestive tract, both the stomach and the intestines. It also works as a vermifuge, to eliminate worms, and as an anti-inflammatory. If your dog likes raw, give it as a reward twice a day, but add it to cooked homemade food.
It is also a depurative food, which removes waste and toxins, as well as intestinal parasites and larvae that may be in the stomach. Use it as one more ingredient of your furry's usual homemade food, for example you can boil it with rice and mix it with grilled chicken, without salt or seasoning, to give it twice a day.
It is perfect for regulating intestinal transit, so it relieves constipation, and also helps eliminate parasites, waste and toxins easily. Add it cooked or baked in the usual food of your furry.
Bran and oat flakes are very beneficial in soothing, relieving and cleansing the gastrointestinal tract. It is good for constipation, eliminate waste and toxins and mucus. Add it to your usual meal or offer it mixed with a plain yogurt with no added sugars.
It is well known for its moisturizing, regenerating, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial capacity, as well as being very nutritious. Thus, honey is very indicated because it can fight germs, bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites and other microorganisms as well as alleviating the discomfort of the digestive system. Add it to your food according to the doses you can see in this other article on "Can dogs eat honey?".
Many people wonder if they can give chamomile, because it is used when we have stomach dizziness or intestinal discomfort. It is among the best remedies, because chamomile is soothing, anti-inflammatory and relieves problems such as heartburn, while helping to purify possible waste, toxins and parasites. You can leave it in the baby bottle for a warm infusion or at room temperature or, give a syringe of medium size directly in the mouth every hour.
Learn more in this other article that responds to the question of "Can I give chamomile to my dog?".
When to go to the vet
If we believe that our dog needs a clean stomach because we see him despondent, his belly is swollen, has been soggy or whatever we think is necessary, the first thing that we should do is consult well with the veterinarian. So, you have to go to the vet if :
- Poisoning or poisoning: In this case you have to go to the veterinary emergency, it is not enough to practice basic first aid, such as giving activated charcoal to clean the stomach and intestines by absorbing the poison and toxins, and trying to cleanse the stomach.
- Empacho: If you have vomiting, it is difficult for you to breathe or if you detect fever or other symptoms it is necessary to go to the veterinarian as soon as possible.
- Vomiting and diarrhea: in case of presenting one of the symptoms or both you have to go to the specialist to stop them before the animal gets dehydrated and the cause that causes them is treated.
- Parasites: in this case, if we choose to clean the stomach and intestines naturally, even if we manage to eliminate the parasites that are present and their larvae, we will also have to start a prevention guideline. Consult with the veterinarian which antiparasitic medicine to use or that will help you to establish an adequate natural prevention method for your hairy one, for example with garlic or other home remedies for deworming.
- Worsening or new symptoms: whatever the health problem of the dog, whenever we notice that it worsens his condition or if there are new symptoms you have to go to the specialist as soon as possible, because the problem you have is getting worse and you have to treat it well and the sooner the better.
- Maintenance: if we want to clean the stomach of our dog naturally by simple maintenance, to help eliminate toxins and waste, it is absolutely necessary that the veterinarian who treats it habitually and knows well his state of health dictate how it is best done for ensure that we benefit and do not imbalance anything in the body or other problems.