How to make oatmeal shampoo for dogs
If your dog has sensitive skin, has skin allergies or is still a puppy, the oatmeal shampoo is the best option to bathe your furry. Oats is a natural product that takes care of dogs' skin and deeply hydrates it, which is why it is highly recommended for use in puppies and in cases of skin diseases such as dermatitis. You can buy a shampoo of this type in a pet accessory store, but you can also do it at home.
If you want to know how to make oatmeal shampoo for dogs, keep reading this new article from .com where you will find all the steps to follow to make this hypoallergenic dog shampoo.
Oatmeal is a very appropriate cereal for use in dogs of all kinds, since it is a very soft natural product and, therefore, will never harm your hairy. The properties of oats for the skin of dogs are mainly deep hydration and the great capacity to soothe and deflate the dermis when it is very irritated, always taking care of the structure of the skin. Using oats in our faithful friend's baths, we will be able to calm itching, reduce the allergies it may have, reduce inflammation and moisturize dry skin.
Using this cereal to make your own antiallergic shampoo for dogs is a very good option before the prices of some products for the care and hygiene of the dogs. We must remember that dogs can not be bathed daily, but that once a month or every bit more we can wash them with oatmeal shampoo for dogs, as well as when they have conditions or skin conditions.
If your faithful companion presents punctually skin problems such as irritations or allergies you can choose to make an oatmeal bath for dogs, but you can also make homemade shampoo for allergic dogs. Making this oatmeal shampoo to have it always at hand will take care of your skin and the health of your partner naturally. You will need to gather the following ingredients and materials to make homemade oatmeal shampoo :
- 2 cups raw natural oats in flakes or oatmeal
- 1 or 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1 liter of mineral water or hot distilled water
- 1 container to store oatmeal shampoo
- 1 blender if you buy oatmeal
Depending on the amount of oatmeal shampoo for dogs you want to make you will have to use less or more of these ingredients. For small dogs, and if you do not want to have hypoallergenic shampoo stored for a long time, you can reduce the amounts in half, using 1 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of baking soda.
When you get all the necessary materials together, you can follow these easy instructions to make hypoallergenic oatmeal dog shampoo :
- Boil 1 liter of mineral water or distilled water in a pot.
- If you do not have oatmeal, you should crush 2 cups of natural oatmeal flakes to obtain small pieces or even powder. We recommend that you do it with a crusher or a blender to make your task easier.
- It is preferable that it remains in powder so that, thus, it mixes well and acts more easily in the dermis of our dog. Leave the oatmeal in small pieces instead of powder just in case you look for an exfoliating effect if it has been recommended by the veterinarian.
- In a container in which you are going to want to store the oatmeal shampoo, mix the mineral or distilled water already boiling with the oatmeal powder or the oatmeal.
- Add 1/2 cup or 1 cup of baking soda and mix well to make it as even as possible. You can use the blender or blender that you used before to make it faster.
- If you think it has been too thick you can add water and if you think it has been too liquid we recommend that you increase the amount of oats.
- Leave the container with the lid open for a few hours so that the dog oatmeal shampoo will cool well before use.
This antiallergic shampoo for dogs to be so soft and take care of the structure of the skin of your furry can use it as often as you want, as long as it is not more than once or twice a month when your friend does not have any skin problem . If your dog has skin conditions such as constant skin allergies, irritations or dermatitis, in addition to being able to use this homemade oatmeal shampoo to alleviate the discomfort of your faithful friend, you should go to the veterinarian to diagnose the condition of the dog. and for you to prescribe the best treatment for your case.
If you have liked to know how to make oatmeal shampoo for dogs, you may also be interested in how to make dog flea shampoo.