What is the difference between open and would
There are many words that, although pronounced the same, are written differently; it is the homophones and it is necessary to know them in order to write them correctly. There are many pairs or sets of terms of equal pronunciation and different writing, so we want to help you in the task and explain what is the difference between open and there would be.
The word "open" written without "h" corresponds to different verb forms of the verb abrir :
- 1st person of the singular of the imperfect past. Example: While I opened the window, he would get up from his chair.
- 3rd person of the singular of the imperfect preterit. Example: The janitor opened the doors with the master key.
there would be
On the other hand, when we write with "h" the term "would", we must emphasize that it is the verb haber, normally used as auxiliary:
- Simple conditional that indicates probability or doubt. Example: Yesterday there would be about 50 people at the party.
- 1st person of the singular of the compound conditional. Example: If you had told me, I would have come to see you.
- 3rd person of the singular of the compound conditional. Example: Juan
- Verbal perífrasis formed by "would have" + infinitive to indicate obligation. Example: You should call the doctor because you are not well.