Normal vital signs of dogs
When we have dogs at home we sometimes doubt if our dog is well or bad, if it is sick and we should take it to the vet for this reason it is good to know what are the normal vital signs of a dog. In addition, these vital signs, as in humans, change according to the age of the dogs.
Body temperature of the dog
The only and best way to measure the temperature of the dog is through the rectum. We must enter the thermometer in the animal's rectum and the correct temperature is between 38.5º and 39º Celsius degrees
Normal pulsations of dogs
Dogs have a number of beats per minute different according to their age, just like humans, the correct or normal pulsations are:
- Puppies: 110 - 120 beats per minute.
- Adult dogs: 90 - 100 beats per minute.
- Old dogs: 70 - 80 beats per minute.
Normal respiratory rate in a dog
Dogs have a respiratory rate for different minutes according to their age, just like humans, the correct or normal breaths are:
- puppies: 18 - 20 breaths per minute.
- adult dogs: 16 - 18 breaths per minute.
- Old dogs: 14 - 16 breaths per minute.
Zeal of the female
The first estrus occurs from 6 to 9 months, and can appear later in bitches of large size, which take longer to complete its development. It takes place twice a year with a duration of 21 days, the period for the coupling being between days 8 and 12 from the beginning of cel.
Normal dog gestation
The bitches have a gestation of 2 months. For more information on the pregnancy symptoms of the dog and if you want to know if your dog is pregnant.Tips
- If your dog has an anomalous vital constant, we recommend that you take it immediately to your veterinarian.